We are pleased to inform you that Indian Journal of Nursing Studies is going to release its upcoming issue Vol 8, No. 2, July -December, 2017.
We would like to invite you to contribute Research Paper for publication in IJNS.
Upcoming issue of IJNS is GENERAL ISSUE
Late date of submission of your article is 10 of November.
We publish original research articles, review articles and Letter to Editor and Case studies relevant to nursing care.
The journal reviews papers within one week of submission and send you acceptance or rejection by mail.
Authors are invited to submit their paper through E-mail at email@example.com.
Note- Before submitting research paper authors are requested to go through the Author’s guidelines and ethical policy of journal.
SELECTED STUDY FOR UPCOMING ISSUES OF INDIAN JOURNAL OF NURSING STUDIES
INDIAN JOURNAL OF NURSING STUDIES (‘I J N S’)
THE AUTHORS’ GUIDELINES FOR PUBLICATION
The “Indian Journal of Nursing Studies” is a biannual publication of Choithram College of Nursing Indore.
All Communications with reference to research studies should be addressed to the Editor- in –Chief of “Indian Journal of Nursing Studies”.
Prerequisites The preliminary requirements of an article before it is processed for peer reviews are the following
1. The study should be relevant to any one area of Nursing.
- Articles should be based on research studies. The work done during past 5 years will be considered
3. Research report should be ideally of 4000 – 4500 words.
4. Preference is given to research report based on patient care studies concentrating on nursing aspects rather than medical aspects of treatment.Declaration – Each article should be accompanied with a declaration by all the author/ authors that they are:
-The authors of the article.
– The research report is original.
– Has not been published and has not been submitted for publication elsewhere.
Typescript -The research report should be typed in 1.5 line spacing, on A4 size paper, with margins 1.5 inches on the left and right sides and 2 inches on top and bottom. The font size should be 12 in Times New Roman.
- Research Article: The researcher is requested to include the following information while submitting the articles.
- Title: Title of the article should comprise of 8 -10 words.
- Abstract: The first page of the article should comprise of an abstract which should be within word limit of 100 150. Below the abstract 3-5 key words should be mentioned.
- Need of the Study: It includes relevant data in geographical order Global, National, and Local with the topics.
- Review of literature
- Conceptual framework with explanation and diagram.
- Methodology: Research methodology, population, sample, sample size, setting, tool, data collection procedure, ethical issues and schematic diagram.
- Findings: According to the objectives of the study, significant tables & figures should be depicted on an excel sheet in separate file. Total number of tables, figures & graphs should not be more than 4.
- Discussion: Findings should be supported or negated with other studies.
- Conclusion: Should include the final remarks & not the summary.
- Conflict of interest
- Source of funding
- Case Study: Case Study should be based on clinical setting. It should be organized into three sections;
- The introduction/ Background,
It should describe the process & outcome with management methodology. It should be narrative in nature and can be supported by pictures / charts. The case study should not exceed 2000 words.
Abbreviations & Symbols: Use only standard abbreviations. Please don’t use abbreviations in the title.
Spellings: Use American spellings in all cases.
- Studies quoted in the research articles should be included in references/bibliography.
- Vancouver reference style must be adopted for the same.
- References should be numbered consecutively (superscript) in the order in which they appear in the text (not in alphabetic order);
- Vancouver Style.
- List all authors for journal article up to six references. In case of more than six others, use et al after the sixth author.
- Vancouver, a ‘numbered’ style, follows rules established by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors <http://www.icmje.org/>; also known as: Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals.
- The references numbers must be provided as superscript should be inserted to the left of colons and semi-colons, and full stops are placed before the reference number.
- Submission: Researcher should send the research studies in a compact disc. CD must be accompanied by hard copy of the study. The research study should also be sent through email firstname.lastname@example.org. The contents of email & hard copy should be the same.
- Address For Correspondence: The researcher should specify his /her full postal address, telephone number, fax and E-mail ID for correspondence.
- Peer Review: All articles received for publication will be peer reviewed. The Editor-in Chief & The Editorial Board will decide on the suitability of the material for publication, which will be final.
Note- Authors will be informed about acceptance or rejection of the articles within 3 months of receipt.
The main Author will get online access code for their published article. If author wish to have hard copy of the journal, subscribe for single issue.
- Please write your name (s), designation, institution, e- mail address at the end and also send your recent passport size photograph in JPEG format.